What are Body Chakras ?
The Sanskrit word Chakra literally translates to wheel or disk. In yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels of energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras, which align the spine, starting from the base of the spine through to the crown of the head. To visualize a chakra in the body, imagine a swirling wheel of energy where matter and consciousness meet. This invisible energy, called Prana, is vital life force, which keeps us vibrant,healthy, and alive.
Importance of Chakras in Body
Keeping a chakra open is a bit more of a challenge, but not so difficult when you have awareness. Since mind, body, soul, and spirit are intimately connected,awareness of an imbalance in one area will help bring the others back into balance. Chakras are often blocked due to an emotional upset such as conflict,loss or accident. Fear, stress and anxiety are common causes of chakra blockage.The blocked chakra disrupt the harmony in the energy field and eventually becomes the causes of disease, as well as emotional and mental disorders in the physical body.
Seven Chakras and how to Activate Them
- Root Chakra : Blocked due to survival issues such as financial independency, money and food. To get rid of blocks, list down your fears, deal with them and let go. To feel grounded and safe, try walking barefoot, dance and eat root vegetables
- Sacral Chakra : Blocked due to emotional issues related to sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality. To activate this chakra, take a closure look at the situation that bothers you, fix which you can fix and chill about those which can’t be fixed. Enjoy the things which you like.
- Solar Plexus Chakra : Blocked due to issues with self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem. To balance this chakra, you need to revive yourself and boost self-confidence. Spend more time in the air, groom yourself well, take up some sports and notice the progress you make.
- Heart Chakra : This chakra is blocked due to complications in relationships, tragic losses and loneliness. To activate this chakra, start focusing on the positive things in your life, noticing the people who love you and need you, and being grateful for what you have. Also, meeting new people and helping them, doing community work will help in healing this chakra.
- Throat Chakra : Emotional issues that blocks this chakra are problems related to communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth. To activate this chakra, be honest to yourself and others. Acknowledge your inner callings. Further, singing and talking to yourself, writing will help in healing this chakra.
- Third Eye Chakra : Emotional issues in ability to think and make decisions, intuition. Meditation is the key to activate this chakra. Meditate by focusing on the space between your eyebrows. Do eye exercises and star gazing.
- Crown Chakra : This chakra is blocked due to feelings of indecisiveness, depression. To activate this chakra, feel yourself as part of this Universe. Meditate and do more of those things that make you feel peaceful.
To identify them is the most important part, once you find them in your body simply attention on the chakras will open them. Attention for chakras is like sunlight for a sunflower. Simply the attention will lead to its flowering. With the flowering comes the cleaning up process where the negative energies around your chakras get cleaned. And then the benefits start. Click Here to create your own Positive Affirmations and Lead a Happy and Positive Life for a Better Functioning of Body Chakras.